Model APM-E Parking Meters
Model APM-E single-space meters and the proven standard worldwide.
Internal Mechanisms to Fit POM or "Other Brand" Housings
Base model accepts coins only, with large 1"x3" LCD rear enforcement signal, with or without blinking LEDs for night enforcement. Mechanism fits competitor housings. Low-power, only draws avg. 40-60 µA to maximize battery life. NEW STANDARD FEATURES: Plug-in, replaceable displays, and jam-resistant (toothless, no moving parts) coin chute.
High-visibility rotary display, visible up to 80 feet away for easier drive-by enforcement.
Smartcard reader accepts disposable cards, reprogrammable electronic purse cards, or secure EFT smartcards.
Backlight for digital display improves visibility in low-light conditions.
Free-time button, press for free time if the meter is at 00:00. For additional time, payment must be inserted.
SmartLock (mechanism integrated with housing; coin collection requires use of authorized smart card or handheld.
|Base model APM-E||Standard rear LCD display.||High-visibility rotary signal||High-visibility display and card reader options shown||Free-time button option (button can also be placed next to coin or card slot)|
Options for Every Environment and Budget
Base model, all-zinc housing features 4-corner locking dome that can be removed and hung on the side of the housing during on-street repairs. Genuine Lexan® dome window is UV stabilized to prevent yellowing, features flat-face to reduce glare on digital display. Expanded capacity vault features rear-loaded lock, tapered base, and patented Gripper wedges to discourage break-in or forced removal from the post. Gray powder paint finish withstands ASTM B117 1000-hour salt-spray test.
- Iron Tamperproof vault has rectangular door that "falls" open when unlocked, which reduces key wear. Door can be easily removed without tools when open, facilitating quick repair or replacement. Expanded capacity, coin box holds $65 in US quarters.
- Iron Magnum vault has similar door style as Tamperproof, but coin box holds $118 in US quarters. Recommended for high-rate areas and multi-space APM meters.
- Iron 95 style vault has round door, integrates with existing competitor systems. Expanded capacity, coin box holds $65 in US quarters.
- Twin converter available for Tamperproof, 95, or Magnum vault to achieve a twin meter configuration (two heads emptying into one vault). See APM-2X for a more economical and jam-resistant option.
- Iron upper housing for maximum protection to inner mechanism from vandals.
- (All housing options offer a variety of high security and changeable locks, and all single housings can be fitted with the POM SmartLock system.)
- A mini-vault post attachment is available for card-only meters.